By Renato Lopez Moreira -
In this exercise we will work in a 3 v 2 offensive situation with a possibility to counter attack for the defense. This game could be used as a progression of last week's exercise.
The attackers try to score in a goal defended by a goalkeeper. The defenders can counter attack three small goals if they win the ball.
The game area is played in a 22 x 32-yard area. It's played for up to 2 minutes at a time.
When a goal is scored or the ball leaves the area the exercise is restarted.
The Defenders start positioned next to the goal. One attacker has a ball while the other two can be anywhere on the field
At the coach's command, the defenders move to pressure the ball while the attackers exchange passes between them trying to organize the attack.
The attackers are encouraged to try to create 2 v 1 situations with their movement and passing. This creates the opportunity for a give-and-go or some other combination play.[wpsharely id="1204"][/wpsharely]
If the Defenders intercept the ball they will have the chance to counter attack in any one of the small soccer goals.
- You can vary the numbers of participants players, creating situations of offensive or defensive imbalance or putting the same number of Attackers and Defenders;
- You can vary the number of small soccer goals;
- You can vary the game area, increasing or decreasing his size;
- You can limit the number of touches on the ball, accelerating or slowing the pace of the game;
- You can vary the attack time.
Have a great week!
By Renato Lopez Moreira - Author of Training Sessions for the 4-3-3