By Renato Lopez Moreira -
This is a 5 v 5 game to work spacing and player movement. The game area is 44 x 39 yards and it is played as two 10 minute halves.
The field is divided into four zones. Each zone contains an attacker and a defender. An additional attacker and defender begin with a ball in between the zones.
These are the rules for the players movement:
- Each zone can have no more than two attackers or defenders
- Each zone must contain at least one player from each team
- All players can move freely between the zones
The attackers try to keep possession and create goalscoring chances while playing within the rules of the game.
The defending team attempts to win the ball and counter attack. This transition must be done quickly to take advantage of the moment when the opponent is unbalanced.[wpsharely id="1204"][/wpsharely]
You can add a neutral player to the game to play with the attacking team. The neutral player can move freely and does not count toward the rule of having no more than two players from either team in an area.
- Limit the number of touches per player
- Increase the number of players
- Limit the movement of players
- Vary the number of defenders or attackers to create an imbalance
By Renato Lopez Moreira - Author of Training Sessions for the 4-3-3