By Renato Lopez Moreira -
Today's featured activity is a offensive game starting from free kick.
The game is played in a 75 x 75 yard area for one minute at a time.
The play is restarted after goal, shot out of bounds or when the ball leaves the playing area.
The game starts with a corner kick. The attackers start positioned in the penalty area, assuming any position they want. One attacker stands outside the area, waiting for a possible rebound.
The defenders mark the attacker or cover areas, whichever they prefer.
The defenders try to intercept the pass and maintain possession to have a chance to counterattack toward the two small goals.
- You can vary the numbers of participants players, creating situations of offensive or defensive imbalance or putting the same number of Attackers and Defenders
- You can vary the number of small soccer goals defended
- You can vary the game area, increasing or decreasing his size
- You can limit the number of toches on the ball, accelerating or slowing the pace of the game
- You can start the exercise with other attacks situations
- You can vary the attack time
Have a great week!
By Renato Lopez Moreira - Author of Training Sessions for the 4-3-3