By Renato Lopez Moreira -
Today's featured activity is a small-sided.
It is a 5 v 5 game that is played on a 27 x 27 yard area for 10 minutes.
The players are not limited to a certain number of touches. The passes can be short or medium in length, with players moving without the ball to create options..
10 consecutive passes worth 1 point.
When the the ball leaves the team that touched it last is on defense.
The Attackers exchange passes between them trying to maintain the ball possession as long as they can.
If the Defenders only touch the ball but not keep it the count starts all over again.
An the end of 10 minutes, the team that score the most number of points wins.
You can add a Joker, or neutral player, to the exercise if the players are have difficulty completing 10 passes.
- You can vary the type of passes: short, medium, long
- You can limit the number of ball touches per player
- You can variate the number of players, increasing or decreasing it
- You can vary the size of game área, increasing or decreasing it
- You can vary the number of Attackers / Defenders, creating a offensive or defensive imbalance situation
Have a great week!
By Renato Lopez Moreira - Author of Training Sessions for the 4-3-3