By Patrick Kasperitis -
This exercise works the functional movement of diving to save low shots that are a little bit closer to the body. When looking at this type of shot we want to make sure that we address the issues of:
- the first step of the dive
- diving with our hands going towards the ground first (to minimize the chances of the ball going under the hands)
- Keeping our chest facing the field in the dive and propelling through as we make contact with the ball in order to parry.
Exercise is set up as such:
- One goalkeeper will work at a time
- Take two tall hurdles (should sit about hip high) and place them 4 meters apart
- One server will start about 8-10 meters away.
Exercise begins with a volley into hands, toss ball back, then a volley into a basket catch, toss ball back. After ball is tossed back a second time, theContinue reading