Soccer Agility – Twister
Agility is a fitness component that is highly specific to soccer. Agility is used throughout a game of soccer in making attacking runs, tracking attackers and eluding defenders. This is an exercise that involves complete body movement and is more specific to a game scenario.
- To provide an agility training exercise in a reactive environment, replicating a game scenario.
- Repeat the colour combination twice to the athlete, before giving the 'go' command.
- Ensure athlete sprints between cones.
- A cut manoeuvre must be used to change direction, i.e. outside foot plant inside foot drive.
- Arms cheek to cheek.
- Powerful push back under hips.
- Stable body position out of turns.
- Always finishContinue reading