The Role of the Withdrawn Forward
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The roles and responsibilities of a withdrawn forward when your team is attacking
- A look at the different types of withdrawn forwards and False 9's
- The difference between a withdrawn forward and a false 9
- How to use your withdrawn forward to move the defense out of position
- How the withdrawn forward can link with the midfielders and forwards
- How to use a withdrawn forward in different formations and systems of play
The withdrawn forward has numerous functions when attacking including, taking on taking on defenders, pulling defensive players out of position, making runs off the ball, just to name a few.
Teams with all formations including the 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and others can all play with withdrawn forwards of different types.
Getting the best out of your withdrawn forward can be critical to the success of your formation and style of play. Teams use their withdrawn forwards in all kinds of different ways and this book explores how the top pro teams use their withdrawn forwards, how they are affective in their different uses and how you can use the same tactics with your team.