The Role of the Holding Midfielder
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The roles and responsibilities of a holding midfielder when your team is attacking
- A look at the three types of holding midfielders
- The differences between a defensive midfielder and a holding midfielder
- How to use your holding midfielder as a deep lying playmaker
- How the holding midfielder can provide cover to attacking midfielders
- How to use a holding midfielder in different formations and systems of play
The holding midfielder has numerous functions including, protecting the back four and covering for attacking midfielders allowing them to be more creative in advanced positions.
Teams with all formations including the 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and others can all play with a holding midfielder.
Playing with a holding midfielder gives your team and tactics much more flexibility and allows for more creativity when attacking. Check it out and see how the pro's play with a holding midfielder.