The Role of the Fullbacks
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The roles and responsibilities of fullbacks when your team is defending
- A look at the different attacking options for fullbacks
- The differences between attacking with inverted fullbacks and overlapping fullbacks
- How to use your attacking fullback to create overload situations
- How the attacking fullbacks can interchange with wide midfielders
- How to use attacking fullbacks in different formations and systems of play
The fullback has numerous functions when attacking, including, supporting the wide midfielder, overlapping runs, providing crosses, and more.
Teams with all formations including the 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and others can all play with different types of attacking fullbacks.
Playing with attacking fullbacks gives your team and tactics much more flexibility and allows for much more attacking possibilities. Check it out and see how the pro's play with attacking fullbacks.