The Role of the Center Backs
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The roles and responsibilities of the center backs when your team is attacking
- A look at the different types of center backs
- Why center backs can be effective when supporting attacking play
- A look some of the world's best center backs and their tactical play
- How the center backs can open up space for your midfielders and forwards
- How to use attacking center backs in different formations and systems of play
The center back has numerous functions when attacking including, being an integral part of the build up play, being an outlet for a pass when there are no other attacking options, and pushing forward to create an overload in the penalty area.
Teams with all formations including the 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and others can all play with attacking center backs.
Getting the best out of your center backs can be critical to the success of your formation and style of play. Teams use their center backs in all kinds of different ways and this book explores how the top pro teams use their center backs when attacking, how they are affective in their different uses and how you can use the same tactics with your team.