Playing in the Final Third
10 Sessions to Help Your Team Score More Goals
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- How to make the most out of your 1v1's and 2v1's
- How to beat defenders in 1v1 situations
- Why width and depth is the answer to breaking compact defenses
- Why playing with a "False 9" will create space for others when attacking
- Playing with your back to goal and switching the point of attack to create opportunities
- How to create chances with overlaps and from crosses
In today's game, defenses are getting more compact to make possession based teams work harder to find and create gaps and to find space for goal chances.
In Playing in the Final Third, instead of finding typical small-sided games or drills, the author has focused on a more game-based approach for the 10 sessions with everything geared toward typical game situations.
Instead of just keeping possession for the sake of it, train your team to keep possession and then transfer that possession to goal scoring chances with Playing in the Final Third.