Atalanta - Attacking
Winning With Advanced 1v1 Tactics
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- Why the 3-4-1-2 is such a flexible formation
- The innovative attacking tactics of Atalanta that you can use with your own team
- Why Atalanta has a specific focus on 1v1 duels and how it is critical to their success
- How the system allows fluid movement of positions all over the field
- A look at the triangular and diamond shapes they form on the field and why that is difficult to defend
- How this style of play has them scoring more goals than just about every other team in Europe's major leagues
Atalanta are the talk of the Italian Serie A, and have been since 2016, when Giampiero Gasperini became their head coach. Since then Atalanta have had the best spell in their history, first qualifying for the Europa League and then in 2019 and 2020, qualification to the Champions League.
Playing with a 3-4-1-2 formation, Atalanta also press high and quickly with a special focus on winning 1v1 duels all over the field. This style of play allows for fluid positional changes with players on the left ending up on the right flank and defensive players pushing up into the attack.
Atalanta - Attacking - Winning With Advanced 1v1 Tactics, takes an in-depth look at the attacking tactics of one of the most successful and innovative coaches in the Italian Serie A.