40 Group Tactical Defending Exercises
40 Group and Tactical Defending Exercises
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- Zonal defending or man marking?
- How and when to press/counter-pressing
- How and when to play the offside trap
- Why your players need to understand their roles and that of their teammates
- The importance of understanding how to react after a loss of possession
- The tactics of Delay, Compactness, Retreat and Recovery, Team Pressure and Switching Positions
Once players are competent with individual defending skills, it's critical to the success of a team that the players are trained to understand their roles in the team/group defending tactics.
40 Group and Defending Tactical Exercises explains the important principles of team defending whether you play zonal defense or a man marking system. This eBook then explains everything you need to know about how to deal with a change in possession, why it's important to keep your shape, when and how to press high and many other critical tactics that will help your team defend better.
A defender not only needs to know his/her role and responsibilities, but he/she needs to know the the responsibilities of other team members when defending too. And this guide will help you train your players so they can defend as a unit.