Here is what you will find in this book:
- The principles of play when in possession of the ball and attacking
- The strengths and weaknesses of the 4-4-2
- The critical key principles when attacking in the 4-4-2
- When and where to move to support your teammates
- The roles and responsibilities of each player/position in the 4-4-2 formation
- The different variations of the 4-4-2 and why it's important to choose the one that best suits your players
Claudio Ranieri's Leicester City, who defied all odds and won the English Premier League Championship in 2016, are a good recent example of a well played 4-4-2 formation. The 4-4-2 with a good level of organization where players understand their roles and responsibilities can be a difficult team to defend against.
The 4-4-2 formation has a strength of allowing you to flood the midfield and dominate possession. If you have the right type of defenders to play three at the back, it allows you to play a very attacking style of play as long as the midfielders understand their roles of dropping back when defending.
There are many different ways to play the 4-4-2, especially when attacking. 4-4-2 Attacking, takes a look at the different options you have with the 4-4-2 when in possession of the ball and when attacking.
If you like to play a possession style of play and want to create more goalscoring chances, then take a look at this eBook.